Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Henry Link Mandarin Wardrobe Armoire

I knew I found a winner when I spotted this beauty on Craigslist. I really loved the brass drawer pulls. I also loved that it was a short armoire and not one of those gargantuan things. Petite is good.
Henry Link Mandarin Armoire
I loved the burl wood and wanted to restain it darker, but when I stripped it, it just didn't look like it would stain well, so I opted for paint. Since this was Asian inspired, I went for a reddish orange color. It didn't turn out quite as red as I had envisioned, but when it was all done, I loved the color. 
Henry Link Asian Armoire



I did end up glazing her in black to add an aged look and I gilded the carvings in gold to match the brass. 
Orange Asian Armoire
The inside I painted black with the one interior drawer in the orange color. 
Painted Henry Link Armoire

And, don't you just love her legs!
Henry Link Armoire

No comments:

Post a Comment